The Salem Farmers Market will operate quite differently this season to allow for social distancing and will need your help in maintaining a safe market environment. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support. Please read the following carefully.
To start with, the location will be moved for at least the first part of the season. Know that this was not a decision that came lightly and we understand it adds complexity to a trip to our Market.
Where it will be held: 25 Memorial Drive. Bentley School parking lot, south side.
The time frame, day, and hours will remain the same
***Start date – Thursday June 11 – Market Hours 3-7 pm
How you will be affected:
- Everyone must wear a face mask.
- EBT/SNAP WILL be available at the market starting on opening day. We are still confirming HIP vendors.
- Only 100 people will be allowed in the Market area at any time.- Single person shopping is encouraged. (Note this means one person per household and does not pertain to relationship status. All are welcome. Only one of you is strongly preferred.)
- There will be one-way traffic, signs will be posted.
- Food vendors only (farms, seafood, bakeries, prepared foods, etc.) to start. The Board of Health will assess the possibility of craft, soap, and other non-food vendors at the end of June.
- Vendors are being encouraged to consider CSAs and preorders, but this will not be organized by the market. We will promote as many pre-order opportunities that we are aware of via social media.
- We will not have any bathroom access for visitors.
- Reusable bags are ok provided they are only being touched by the person bringing them and not being handed to vendors (was: Reusable bags are not allowed, the city has temporarily lifted its ban on plastic bags.)
- No dogs allowed.
- In the beginning, we will not have any musicians to entertain you and your dance-loving young ones, or community nonprofits present promoting their good work.
** The list of vendors will be very fluid each week, especially as many of our vendors are dealing with their own staffing and workflow challenges right now. We will do our best to keep up, but we may not be able to provide a list with complete accuracy each week.
THESE POLICIES MAY BE RE-EVALUATED AND CHANGED AT ANY TIME BY THE MARKET COMMITTEE AND THE BOARD OF HEALTH TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL INVOLVED.