We will operate quite differently this season to allow for social distancing and will need your help in maintaining a safe market environment.
To start with, the location will be moved. Know that this was not a decision that came lightly and we understand it adds complexity to a trip to our Market.
Who has Pre-Orders set up? See the vendor page.
Where it will be held: 25 Memorial Drive. Bentley School parking lot, south side.
The time frame, day, and hours will remain the same
Start date Thursday June 11 – Market Hours 3-7 pm
How you will be effected
- Everyone must wear a face mask.
- EDIT: EBT/SNAP will be available at the market starting on opening day! We are still confirming which vendors may be offering HIP.
- Only 100 people will be allowed in the Market area at any time.- Single person shopping is encouraged. (Note this means one person per household and does not pertain to relationship status. All are welcome. Only one of you is strongly preferred.)
- There will be one-way traffic, signs will be posted.
- Food vendors only (farms, seafood, bakeries, prepared foods, etc.) to start.
- The Board of Health will assess the possibility of craft, soap, and other nonfood vendors at the end of June.
- Vendors are being encouraged to consider CSAs and preorders, but this will not be organized by the market. We will promote as many pre-order opportunities that we are aware of via social media.
- We will not have any bathroom access for visitors.
- UPDATE! We have received clarification from the Board of Health – reusable bags ARE OK to bring to the farmers market provided they are only being touched by the person bringing them and not being handed to vendors. So grab your trusty Local & Fresh tote with you when you come this Thursday! Thank you to all those who asked for further details on this policy.
Reusable bags are not allowed, the city has temporarily lifted its ban on plastic bags.
- No dogs allowed. I am sorry, but our furry friends can not enter the Market with you.
- In the beginning, we will not have any musicians to entertain you and your dance-loving young ones, or community nonprofits present promoting their good work.
** The list of vendors will be very fluid each week, especially as many of our vendors are dealing with their own staffing and workflow challenges right now. We will do our best to keep up, but we may not be able to provide a list with complete accuracy each week.
THESE POLICIES MAY BE RE-EVALUATED AND CHANGED AT ANY TIME BY THE MARKET COMMITTEE AND THE BOARD OF HEALTH TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL INVOLVED.