Download the PDF
Bambolina’s Italian Street Corn
6 Ears Local (Salem Farmers’ Market) corn
1 Cup Caesar Dressing (Recipe below)
2 oz Ricotta Salata (or substitute with parmesan or pecorino cheese – consider asking the folks at Milk and Honey for recommendations!)
Drizzle Canola oil
Sprinkle Sea salt
Crank Black pepper
Hot Grill or Broiler
1. Get grill cranking (or set broiler to High)
2. Clean and de-silk the corn, Drizzle with oil and season with S+P
3. Grill corn to perfection. Place on baking tray or large plate and allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes, or until you can handle safely.
4. Smear the corn with a couple of ounces of house made Caesar dressing.
5. Top with crumbled ricotta salata or finely shaved parmesan/pecorino cheese. Serve with a lemon wedge.
6. ENJOY with a favorite summertime beverage.
For the Caesar Dressing
2 Each Garlic Cloves
3 Tbls Dijon
2 oz Anchovies
1 Tbls Worcester Sauce
3 Each Egg Yolks
Pinch Black Pepper
4 Tbls Pecorino Cheese
2 Tbls Lemon Juice
1/4 C. Capers
1 Pt Pomace Olive Oil
1. Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor.
2. Blend, then slowly incorporate oil.